Want to learn more about dental crown implants from your Garden City, NY, dentists?
Drs. Eugene Porcelli, Tandeep Malhotra, and Vicky Dachs of Garden City Family Dental provide several services to their patients, including dental implant crowns to replace missing teeth.
What are dental implant crowns?
When someone loses a tooth or has a tooth/teeth beyond repair because of decay, your dentist may suggest dental implants. A dental implant consists of a titanium post that replaces a tooth root. The post is biocompatible, meaning you don't need to worry about tissue rejection.
Your Garden City dentist inserts the post in your jawbone, beneath the gum line. This is advantageous compared to other dental prosthetics because there is no worry of implants becoming loose and falling out while you're eating or speaking.
When your dentist implants the titanium post, he/she will suture the area and allow it to heal for about 3-6 months. This way the post fuses to the surrounding bone and reinforces the jawbone. During this time you'll have a temporary crown but when you come back to finished the procedure, your doctor will have prepared a crown matching the rest of your teeth made.
He/she will anchor the crown to the post using a screw or a connector and, viola! You're all done!
People Considering Dental Implants Crowns
Dental implants are a great solution but you need to already have healthy gums and a high enough bone density for the procedure. If the bone is too soft, you may need a bone graft and if you have a poor immune system, you may not be able to get this procedure. You do, however, need to confirm this with your dentist.
People who aren't smokers or drinkers and who have good oral hygiene habits are usually good candidates. Implants are a good choice to prevent premature facial aging, which basically means preventing parts of the face from sagging because of a lack of bone density.
Are you interested in Dental Implant Crowns?
Are you interested in dental implant crowns? Call Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, at (516) 739-1851 for more information! Drs. Eugene Porcelli, Tandeep Malhotra, and Vicky Dachs can help answer your questions.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you improve your appearance and your oral health. Your Garden City, NY, dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help you choose the perfect cosmetic dentistry treatment for your dental issues.
What types of cosmetic dentistry treatments are available?
One of these treatments could help you get the smile you've always wanted:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening treatment removes stains deep inside your tooth enamel. The professional-strength whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a safe, natural whitener. After a whitening session in the Garden City, NY, dental office, your teeth will remain brighter for several years.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to treat many cosmetic tooth issues. After applying tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth, your dentist shapes the material and hardens it. Bonding can be used to correct minor damage and flaws, close slight gaps, and improve the shape and length of teeth. Bonding can be combined with contouring and reshaping, a process that involves removing a tiny amount of enamel to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Crown Lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, crown lengthening may be the ideal solution for you. During the treatment, the excess gum tissue is removed, making your teeth look longer.
- Clear Aligners: Metal braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your smile. Clear aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your teeth without drawing attention to your smile. The removable trays are worn for about 22 hours per day and are removed when you eat, brush and floss.
- Veneers: Improving your smile doesn't have to involve complicated dental treatments. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations conceal flaws and minor damage, hide discolorations, close slight gaps, whiten your smile, or improve the shape or length of teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants make it possible to replace missing teeth from top to bottom. Small titanium posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts replace your roots and bond to your jawbone, becoming just as strong as your natural roots. Once dental crowns are attached to the tops of the implants, the restoration of your missing teeth is complete.
Enhance your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your dentists in Garden City, NY, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs, at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your appointment.
A family dentist deals with oral health issues for everyone, from adults to babies. Dr. Eugene Porcelli of Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, provides many services, like regular dental checkups and professional dental cleanings.
What can your family dentist provide?
- Dental Implants: If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Dental implants are tooth-like oral appliances that replace missing tooth roots. Tooth loss deteriorates bones without proper support. If you decide to get a dental implant, it has a 95% success rate, provided you have good oral health.
- Crowns: A porcelain dental crown covers a damaged tooth. When your tooth is severely decayed and large portions of it are removed, your family dentist uses a dental crown to help preserve what remains of your natural tooth. The crown supports teeth and conceals cracks, dents, and chips.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint syndrome is a disorder accompanied by consistent pain in the area near your ear, jaw, or muscles on the side of your face. You may feel clicking or popping and/or suffer from restricted jaw movement. Your Garden City dentist treats patients for TMJ and many other issues.
Advantages of A Family dentist?
- Having one dentist is easy because only one dental expert has all your family history, which makes treatment and emergencies more manageable.
- It is considered preventive care because Dr. Porcelli provides regular dental exams and professional dental cleanings to protect teeth from serious tooth decay that may lead to tooth loss and gum disease.
- It consolidates appointments for all ages to a single visit, instead of going to multiple specialists.
Need more information?
For more information about family dentistry and what a family dentist can do for you, be sure to contact Dr. Eugene Porcelli of Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, at 516-739-1851 today.
We can help you brush up on habits and skills to maintain a beautiful, healthy smile.
How often do you think about or assess your daily at-home dental routine? Probably never, right? Brushing (and hopefully flossing) your teeth is as commonplace as brushing your hair or making your bed, so you probably don’t think much about how you care for your smile; however, maybe it’s time you did. To ensure that you get a clean bill of health from our Garden City, NY, family dentist Dr. Eugene Porcelli the next time you come into the office, here are some tips to improve your dental habits.
Choose the Right Toothbrush
There are so many different toothbrush options these days that you may feel like your head spins every time you wander down the oral care aisle; however, choosing the right toothbrush is where many people fail. It’s important that your toothbrush head is the right shape and size to be able to get into all those areas of your smile, including your back teeth and hard-to-reach spots.
Whether you choose a manual or electric toothbrush is up to you; however, if you have trouble with dexterity (for example, people with arthritis in their hands or wrists), you may find that an electric toothbrush is easier to maneuver. It’s also crucial that you choose a toothbrush with soft bristles. Contrary to what you might think, hard bristles will not give you a cleaner smile, but they can wear away teeth and cause gum irritation.
Don’t Brush Too Hard
Many people push just a little too hard when they clean their teeth. Remember, scrubbing your teeth or putting a lot of pressure on them won’t get them cleaner. In fact, this will simply wear away your teeth. Plaque can be easily removed with a soft-bristled toothbrush, so you don’t have to scrub your teeth to get them free of plaque.
If your Garden City NY family dentist has told you that you brush too aggressively you may want to consider trading in your manual brush for an electric toothbrush, which will apply just the right amount of pressure to your teeth.
Make Sure You’re Brushing Long Enough
How long do you brush your teeth? Unfortunately, many people don’t brush their teeth long enough. You need to brush your teeth for at least two minutes each time you brush (in the morning and again at night right before bed). If you don’t have an electric toothbrush with a built-in timer, make sure to set an alarm on your phone.
Keeping your teeth and gums clean doesn’t have to be difficult. Our Garden City, NY, family dentist, and his team, are here to help. If it’s time to schedule your next dental cleaning, call Garden City Family Dental at (516) 739-1851.
Are cosmetic fillings right for you?
Has our Garden City, NY, family dentist Dr. Eugene Porcelli told you that you could benefit from a cosmetic filling? This is a common restorative procedure used to repair a tooth after a cavity so it’s important that you get a filling as soon as possible. Here’s what you should know about getting cosmetic fillings,
A cosmetic filling looks like tooth enamel
The reason our Garden City, NY, family dentist uses cosmetic dental fillings because the material used—composite resin—is made to look just like real tooth enamel. Our dental team will first choose the appropriate resin color that most closely resembles the color of your tooth, then the resin will be applied to the tooth.
You won’t notice a cosmetic filling and neither will anyone else, so you can feel completely confident in your smile. Cosmetic fillings are aesthetically pleasing, which is why so many people turn to composite resin fillings to treat dental decay.
A cosmetic filling preserves more of the tooth
Composite resin or cosmetic fillings are moldable, which means that they can be directly applied to the tooth and then shaped and trimmed. This also means that we can preserve as much of the tooth’s healthy natural structure as possible, which also ensures maximum durability over the years.
Cosmetic fillings are super durable
Another benefit of cosmetic fillings is that they are made from a resilient material that with the proper care can last up to 10 years or longer. Just make sure that you are still visiting your dentist every six months for routine checkups so that we can make sure that the filling is still healthy and intact.
Tooth decay will not go away on its own so that’s why it’s important to see your dentist if you notice a dark spot or visible hole in a tooth, or you see your dentist right away if you are dealing with dental pain.
If you are dealing with a cavity it’s important that you see your family dentist in Garden City, NY, as soon as possible for care. Don’t leave a cavity untreated. Call Garden City Family Dental at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your next appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.