Cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you improve your appearance and your oral health. Your Garden City, NY, dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help you choose the perfect cosmetic dentistry treatment for your dental issues.
What types of cosmetic dentistry treatments are available?
One of these treatments could help you get the smile you've always wanted:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening treatment removes stains deep inside your tooth enamel. The professional-strength whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a safe, natural whitener. After a whitening session in the Garden City, NY, dental office, your teeth will remain brighter for several years.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to treat many cosmetic tooth issues. After applying tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth, your dentist shapes the material and hardens it. Bonding can be used to correct minor damage and flaws, close slight gaps, and improve the shape and length of teeth. Bonding can be combined with contouring and reshaping, a process that involves removing a tiny amount of enamel to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Crown Lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, crown lengthening may be the ideal solution for you. During the treatment, the excess gum tissue is removed, making your teeth look longer.
- Clear Aligners: Metal braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your smile. Clear aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your teeth without drawing attention to your smile. The removable trays are worn for about 22 hours per day and are removed when you eat, brush and floss.
- Veneers: Improving your smile doesn't have to involve complicated dental treatments. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations conceal flaws and minor damage, hide discolorations, close slight gaps, whiten your smile, or improve the shape or length of teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants make it possible to replace missing teeth from top to bottom. Small titanium posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts replace your roots and bond to your jawbone, becoming just as strong as your natural roots. Once dental crowns are attached to the tops of the implants, the restoration of your missing teeth is complete.
Enhance your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your dentists in Garden City, NY, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs, at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your appointment.
A family dentist deals with oral health issues for everyone, from adults to babies. Dr. Eugene Porcelli of Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, provides many services, like regular dental checkups and professional dental cleanings.
What can your family dentist provide?
- Dental Implants: If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Dental implants are tooth-like oral appliances that replace missing tooth roots. Tooth loss deteriorates bones without proper support. If you decide to get a dental implant, it has a 95% success rate, provided you have good oral health.
- Crowns: A porcelain dental crown covers a damaged tooth. When your tooth is severely decayed and large portions of it are removed, your family dentist uses a dental crown to help preserve what remains of your natural tooth. The crown supports teeth and conceals cracks, dents, and chips.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint syndrome is a disorder accompanied by consistent pain in the area near your ear, jaw, or muscles on the side of your face. You may feel clicking or popping and/or suffer from restricted jaw movement. Your Garden City dentist treats patients for TMJ and many other issues.
Advantages of A Family dentist?
- Having one dentist is easy because only one dental expert has all your family history, which makes treatment and emergencies more manageable.
- It is considered preventive care because Dr. Porcelli provides regular dental exams and professional dental cleanings to protect teeth from serious tooth decay that may lead to tooth loss and gum disease.
- It consolidates appointments for all ages to a single visit, instead of going to multiple specialists.
Need more information?
For more information about family dentistry and what a family dentist can do for you, be sure to contact Dr. Eugene Porcelli of Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, at 516-739-1851 today.
We can help you brush up on habits and skills to maintain a beautiful, healthy smile.
How often do you think about or assess your daily at-home dental routine? Probably never, right? Brushing (and hopefully flossing) your teeth is as commonplace as brushing your hair or making your bed, so you probably don’t think much about how you care for your smile; however, maybe it’s time you did. To ensure that you get a clean bill of health from our Garden City, NY, family dentist Dr. Eugene Porcelli the next time you come into the office, here are some tips to improve your dental habits.
Choose the Right Toothbrush
There are so many different toothbrush options these days that you may feel like your head spins every time you wander down the oral care aisle; however, choosing the right toothbrush is where many people fail. It’s important that your toothbrush head is the right shape and size to be able to get into all those areas of your smile, including your back teeth and hard-to-reach spots.
Whether you choose a manual or electric toothbrush is up to you; however, if you have trouble with dexterity (for example, people with arthritis in their hands or wrists), you may find that an electric toothbrush is easier to maneuver. It’s also crucial that you choose a toothbrush with soft bristles. Contrary to what you might think, hard bristles will not give you a cleaner smile, but they can wear away teeth and cause gum irritation.
Don’t Brush Too Hard
Many people push just a little too hard when they clean their teeth. Remember, scrubbing your teeth or putting a lot of pressure on them won’t get them cleaner. In fact, this will simply wear away your teeth. Plaque can be easily removed with a soft-bristled toothbrush, so you don’t have to scrub your teeth to get them free of plaque.
If your Garden City NY family dentist has told you that you brush too aggressively you may want to consider trading in your manual brush for an electric toothbrush, which will apply just the right amount of pressure to your teeth.
Make Sure You’re Brushing Long Enough
How long do you brush your teeth? Unfortunately, many people don’t brush their teeth long enough. You need to brush your teeth for at least two minutes each time you brush (in the morning and again at night right before bed). If you don’t have an electric toothbrush with a built-in timer, make sure to set an alarm on your phone.
Keeping your teeth and gums clean doesn’t have to be difficult. Our Garden City, NY, family dentist, and his team, are here to help. If it’s time to schedule your next dental cleaning, call Garden City Family Dental at (516) 739-1851.
Are cosmetic fillings right for you?
Has our Garden City, NY, family dentist Dr. Eugene Porcelli told you that you could benefit from a cosmetic filling? This is a common restorative procedure used to repair a tooth after a cavity so it’s important that you get a filling as soon as possible. Here’s what you should know about getting cosmetic fillings,
A cosmetic filling looks like tooth enamel
The reason our Garden City, NY, family dentist uses cosmetic dental fillings because the material used—composite resin—is made to look just like real tooth enamel. Our dental team will first choose the appropriate resin color that most closely resembles the color of your tooth, then the resin will be applied to the tooth.
You won’t notice a cosmetic filling and neither will anyone else, so you can feel completely confident in your smile. Cosmetic fillings are aesthetically pleasing, which is why so many people turn to composite resin fillings to treat dental decay.
A cosmetic filling preserves more of the tooth
Composite resin or cosmetic fillings are moldable, which means that they can be directly applied to the tooth and then shaped and trimmed. This also means that we can preserve as much of the tooth’s healthy natural structure as possible, which also ensures maximum durability over the years.
Cosmetic fillings are super durable
Another benefit of cosmetic fillings is that they are made from a resilient material that with the proper care can last up to 10 years or longer. Just make sure that you are still visiting your dentist every six months for routine checkups so that we can make sure that the filling is still healthy and intact.
Tooth decay will not go away on its own so that’s why it’s important to see your dentist if you notice a dark spot or visible hole in a tooth, or you see your dentist right away if you are dealing with dental pain.
If you are dealing with a cavity it’s important that you see your family dentist in Garden City, NY, as soon as possible for care. Don’t leave a cavity untreated. Call Garden City Family Dental at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your next appointment.
In the world of orthodontic treatment, clear aligner systems are considered as an innovation from the metal wires and brackets used to provide healthier and straighter teeth. Getting a smile makeover is more comfortable and easier with this dental appliance that discreetly puts pressure on the teeth to move them into proper position.
Here in Garden City, NY, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, uses clear aligner orthodontics as a standalone procedure or for extensive smile makeovers. But how can clear aligners remake smiles?
Minor Teeth Movements are Key
Giving your smile a makeover will not happen overnight. The clear aligner trays are designed to create minor teeth movement to resolve your orthodontic issues. The treatment time would depend on the actual condition of your teeth. It’s important to note though that minor teeth movements take comparatively less time to deliver the desired results compared to more traditional orthodontic methods.
Although the treatment might span several months to a year, you could definitely see noticeable changes in just several sessions. Your compliance with the treatment program will play a huge role not only on the success of the procedure but also on how fast you achieve your desired results.
You’ll Go Through a Series of Aligners
The smile makeover you get from this treatment will require you to go through a series of clear aligner trays that are made from durable plastic. This proprietary design will be customized to your specific condition. Every two weeks, you will be changing to a new set of clear aligner trays to ensure that your teeth will move into the proper place by the end of the treatment period.
Expect Rapid and Visible Changes
To experience rapid and visible changes, you have to be disciplined enough to wear your clear aligner orthodontics as recommended by your dentist in Garden City, NY. One of the earliest results that you can observe is that there will be a significant difference in your bite. It isn’t easy to wear your clear aligner trays for 22 hours straight every day.
On the other hand, it is a necessity that you have to deal with if you are serious about remaking your smile for the better. It could be challenging at first and you may be too conscious about removing your trays for too long. But in due time, you will be able to adjust to it and learn how to remove the trays for eating, drinking, and doing your oral hygiene routine.
For More Details or Questions About Clear Aligner Orthodontics, Talk to Us
Schedule a visit with Dr. Eugene Porcelli, here in Garden City, NY, by dialing (516) 739-1851.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.