Distressed over dental stains? Teeth yellow as they age, but injury, prescriptions, smoking, and dietary choices, are responsible too. At Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, cosmetic dentistry treatments, such as teeth whitening and veneers, brighten smiles. Just ask our dentist, Dr. Eugene Porcelli.
A renewed smile
You don't have to live with stained teeth. Your cosmetic dentist in Garden City, NY, helps people overcome dull, dingy smiles with:
- Thorough hygienic cleanings
- Zoom! 2 in-office whitening
- Porcelain veneers
To decide what will work best for you, Dr. Eugene Porcelli does a complete oral exam. He's looking for healthy teeth and gums, the best foundation for any cosmetic treatment.
If all is well, you'll talk over the changes you'd like to see. Most people in the United States desire whiter tooth enamel, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). That's why professional teeth whitening is in high demand. Cosmetic dentistry is on the rise!
Before any whitening or veneer procedures, you'll receive a thorough dental cleaning to remove plaque and tartar as well as tooth polishing. Sometimes this is all a patient needs as long as he or she brushes and flosses consistently at home.
Tooth whitening and dental veneers
Other people, however, elect Zoom! 2 Whitening. Your dentist applies powerful hydrogen peroxide gel and accelerates the active ingredient with a special light. Then, Zoom! Your teeth brighten by several shades. The entire process takes about an hour and happens right in the treatment room.
Another choice is the placement of porcelain veneers. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells of fine ceramic. They cover severe stains (from root canal therapy or some drug therapies) and also improve enamel durability.
Traditional veneers require enamel reduction so they bond onto your teeth accurately and comfortably. These veneers are considered permanent.
Another choice is Lumineers. These are called "no-prep" laminates because they are so thin they need no enamel resurfacing.
Whatever you decide, rest assured your smile will look dazzling.
To avoid stains:
- Brush and floss daily.
- Stop all tobacco, both smoking and chewing.
- See your dentist twice a year for an exam and cleaning.
- Get whitening touch-ups if needed.
- Cut down on coffee, tea, soy sauce, and other staining foods and drinks.
Dr. Eugene Porcelli recommends whitening toothpaste and rinses to reduce discolorations too.
Come see us
At Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, Dr. Eugene Porcelli and his team offer many cosmetic dentistry treatments that beautify smiles and help people feel good about themselves. Call us to explore the possibilities, including veneers and whitening: (516) 739-1851.
How veneers from your dentist in Garden City, New York can give you an outstanding smile.
Do you have an outstanding smile? Do you have a smile people will remember? If not, you need to discover how to improve your smile with veneers. This amazing cosmetic dentistry treatment can change a dull, uninteresting smile into a dazzling, memorable smile. Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, New York offers dental veneer treatment to help you achieve the smile you deserve.
Veneers are thin laminates of beautiful, sparkling porcelain that are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. They are a versatile treatment that can hide minor and major cosmetic issues like these:
- Tooth wear and chipped edges due to aging or bad habits
- Blotches, discolorations, and stains due to genetics or lifestyle
- Cracks, fractures, or broken tooth structure due to trauma
Veneers are even versatile enough to minimize some alignment issues. They can make gaps between your teeth smaller, and minimize the appearance of tooth overlap and crowding.
Versatility isn’t the only benefit of veneers. Consider that veneer treatment is:
- Natural-looking; veneers are made of porcelain, a light-reflective material that closely resembles tooth enamel.
- Conservative; your dentist removes little to no tooth structure, just enough to accommodate the thickness of the veneers.
- Easy to maintain; porcelain is stain-resistant, so your new veneers will stay beautiful for years.
- Quick; you can have an outstanding new smile in as little as two to three appointments, including a consultation appointment.
To view amazing before-and-after photos, please visit the Smile Gallery page on Dr. Porcelli’s website at https://www.drporcelli.com/smile-gallery.html
If nature didn’t give you the smile you deserve, you can change it! You can improve your smile with veneers. To find out more about the benefits of veneers and what they can do for your smile, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, New York today.
Unhappy with your smile? If so, you need to learn how cosmetic dentistry can repair the defects in your teeth, correct malformed bites, and remove deep stains in order to improve your overall appearance. Here at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, Dr. Eugene Porcelli offers several procedures to boost your self-confidence and perfect your look—read on to learn more!
How we can help rejuvenate your smile
Here are some common cosmetic dental procedures to ask about when you go see Dr. Porcelli at his Garden City office:
- Cosmetic fillings are natural-looking materials, generally made of porcelain or composite resins, that are placed on your teeth to hide physical defects.
- Whitening/Bleaching procedures eliminate stains caused by food, aging, medicine, or tobacco, just to name a few.
- Veneers are wafer-thin dental appliances that are made of porcelain and bonded to the surface of your teeth to conceal stains, cracked and chipped teeth, and close small gaps.
- Cosmetic contouring and reshaping corrects crooked, chipped, or cracked teeth to create an even and beautiful smile.
- Crowns are synthetic caps, generally made of porcelain, that are placed over teeth to restore function and appearance.
- Bridges are natural-looking dental appliances that are used to replace missing teeth.
- Excessive or uneven gums undergo a procedure that lifts even gum lines, or covers exposed tooth roots.
Whether you want to correct teeth that are misshapen, discolored, chipped, or missing altogether, you can discover the right procedure for you by calling the
Garden City office of Dr. Eugene Porcelli. We are happy to set up a cosmetic dentistry consultation with you to discuss your options.
Interested? Give us a call!
To schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation or to ask for more information about anything you've just read, call Garden City Family Dental today at (516) 739-1851.
According to statistics from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, teeth whitening is today's most popular aesthetic dental service. Here at Dr. Eugene Porcelli's office in Garden City, NY, your cosmetic dentist offers this service in the form of in-office Zoom! Whitening, a method that is able to improve tooth color by eight shades in under one hour. Interested? Read on to learn more!
FAQs about teeth whitening
Teeth whitening only works on light dental stains, right? No, your Garden City cosmetic dentist uses in-office Zoom! Whitening to brighten a variety of dental discolorations. From tobacco and coffee stains to changes in tooth enamel from prescription medications, in-office whitening works wonders.
Will my teeth hurt after they are whitened? Over-the-counter whitening systems, if not used correctly, often cause painful tooth and gum sensitivity. Fortunately, professional whitening with Dr. Porcelli is safe and won't cause tooth discomfort!
What is the active ingredient in teeth whitening gel? It's highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide. After applying it, the dentist or hygienist uses a special LED light to activate the chemical so it can do its work quickly, effectively, and without causing discomfort.
How long will my bright smile last? You should enjoy your beautiful smile indefinitely—for years, in fact, if you brush/ floss regularly and get your teeth professionally cleaned at Dr. Porcelli's office twice a year. Additionally, you should avoid both cigarettes and chewing tobacco, as well as limit your coffee and tea intake (or drink it with a straw). Finally, consider upping your daily water intake to rinse your teeth and increase saliva production, for saliva is a natural teeth whitener and anti-bacterial agent.
Interested? Give us a call!
Why not call today for a consultation? Phone (516) 739-1851 today to schedule an appointment at our Garden City office—we have convenient hours Monday through Friday (excluding Wednesday) and on alternating Saturdays.
Veneers are wafer-thin coverings that go over the surface of the teeth. Veneers are made of strong porcelain that act as natural tooth enamel. Like natural tooth enamel, veneers are translucent and tough, but don't stain like tooth enamel does.
Veneers are thin which is means you don't have to worry about your teeth protruding. The doctor removes some enamel from the surface of your teeth to prevent the protrusion, but this process is permanent.
Not everyone is a good candidate. Veneers are not a good option if,
- Teeth are significantly misaligned so orthodontic treatment may be necessary
- Severe dental trauma and decay (extreme decay and missing teeth)
Advantages of Veneers:
- Size and Shape: Some people are born with irregularly-shaped teeth, like pointed ends. Teeth are also worn down over time due to teeth-grinding (bruxism). Whatever the reason, you can make custom veneers that'll have the shape and size that'll give you a great smile.
- Alignment and Spacing: Sometimes people have gaps between their teeth that need closing. If you have minor gaps and misaligned, slightly crooked teeth, veneers can help conceal those issues, while providing teeth with a beautiful color and shape.
- Color: Teeth staining is a natural process. With aging, yellow dentin under the enamel starts becoming more visible. Other lifestyle choices also change the color of your teeth, like eating certain types of food such as blueberries; drinking tea, coffee, or sodas; or smoking or chewing tobacco.
Caring for Your Veneers:
- Gently brush and floss your teeth every day.
- Regular checkups at the dental office.
- Don't exert too much pressure on veneers.
- Use custom-made night-guard to protect veneers.
If you want a smile makeover, call your cosmetic dentist Dr. Eugene Porcelli at (516) 739-1851 to learn more about veneers at his Garden City, NY, office.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.