The health of your smile is important, but there is nothing wrong with also being concerned about its appearance. Your smile is often the very first impression you can make and when you are struggling with smile imperfections it can affect the way you feel about yourself. Cosmetic Dentistry in Garden City, NY, can help correct many of these imperfections, and to help guide you to the best possible treatment you can turn to your dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs.
Dental fillings have been a mainstay of dentistry for over a century providing protection for teeth damaged by decay. But the biggest downside has been the silver color associated with the amalgam used for these repairs. Resin compound is an alternative material for dental fillings that provides a similar level of protection but that can be made to match the color of your natural teeth.
The same material used by your dentist in applying tooth-colored fillings is what is used for repairing teeth that are chipped or cracked. The resin compound is applied onto the tooth in very thin layers in liquid form and hardened with a special light. This allows your dentist to build up your tooth to reshape it, which makes bonding versatile enough to correct other minor problems such as slight gaps.
Major damage to a tooth when sufficient structure is lost means that the tooth will need more support and protection. For these circumstances, your doctor may recommend a dental crown, which not only allows your tooth to function as before but also look the part.
For those of you looking for a brighter whiter smile but are not quite satisfied with over-the-counter options, there is in-office whitening. With in-office teeth whitening your dentist can make your teeth up to 8 shades whiter in just a single visit.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Garden City, NY
Is there something about your smile that you'd like to improve? Then schedule a Cosmetic Dentistry consultation in Garden City, NY, today with Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs by dialing (516) 739-1851.
Zoom teeth whitening can transform your discolored teeth in under an hour. Embarrassing tooth stains don't have to be part of your smile. Your dentists at Garden City Family Dental, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help restore your pearly whites with teeth whitening in Garden City, NY.
The Zoom! Whitening Process
It only takes a few minutes for the zoom whitening procedure to change your teeth from discolored to brilliant. The entire process takes under an hour from start to finish, so, you won't have to take out too much time from your busy schedule to brighten your teeth. Your teeth whitening journey in Garden City, NY, begins with a dental consultation where your dentist evaluates your teeth stains. This consultation determines if your teeth stains will improve with the Zoom teeth whitening procedure.
Applying protective gel to your gums and lips is a step to protect them from the teeth whitening gel used during the procedure. Next, your dentist will apply the teeth whitening solution to your teeth and use a special light to activate it. They will continue reapplying the solution every 15 minutes for the rest of the procedure. The Zoom teeth whitening procedure isn't painful but you might experience some sensitivity.
After your procedure, your teeth become instantly whiter. The toothpaste that your dentist sends you home with will help you maintain your results. If you want your teeth to remain white after your teeth whitening, you should also give up some unhealthy habits such as smoking.
Causes of Teeth Stains
Some teeth stains are caused by medication, while others appear as time passes. Specific habits such as consuming dark foods or drinks, and smoking can all contribute to teeth staining as the years go by. Even after your tooth whitening procedure, you can still get new teeth stains. Some possible causes of teeth stains include:
- Red wine
- Soy sauce
- Pasta sauce
- Poor dental hygiene
- Teeth injury
If you have teeth stains, zoom teeth whitening can help you. Call (516) 739-1851 to see your dentists, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs of Garden City Family Dental, for teeth whitening in Garden City, NY.
Want to learn more about dental crown implants from your Garden City, NY, dentists?
Drs. Eugene Porcelli, Tandeep Malhotra, and Vicky Dachs of Garden City Family Dental provide several services to their patients, including dental implant crowns to replace missing teeth.
What are dental implant crowns?
When someone loses a tooth or has a tooth/teeth beyond repair because of decay, your dentist may suggest dental implants. A dental implant consists of a titanium post that replaces a tooth root. The post is biocompatible, meaning you don't need to worry about tissue rejection.
Your Garden City dentist inserts the post in your jawbone, beneath the gum line. This is advantageous compared to other dental prosthetics because there is no worry of implants becoming loose and falling out while you're eating or speaking.
When your dentist implants the titanium post, he/she will suture the area and allow it to heal for about 3-6 months. This way the post fuses to the surrounding bone and reinforces the jawbone. During this time you'll have a temporary crown but when you come back to finished the procedure, your doctor will have prepared a crown matching the rest of your teeth made.
He/she will anchor the crown to the post using a screw or a connector and, viola! You're all done!
People Considering Dental Implants Crowns
Dental implants are a great solution but you need to already have healthy gums and a high enough bone density for the procedure. If the bone is too soft, you may need a bone graft and if you have a poor immune system, you may not be able to get this procedure. You do, however, need to confirm this with your dentist.
People who aren't smokers or drinkers and who have good oral hygiene habits are usually good candidates. Implants are a good choice to prevent premature facial aging, which basically means preventing parts of the face from sagging because of a lack of bone density.
Are you interested in Dental Implant Crowns?
Are you interested in dental implant crowns? Call Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, at (516) 739-1851 for more information! Drs. Eugene Porcelli, Tandeep Malhotra, and Vicky Dachs can help answer your questions.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you improve your appearance and your oral health. Your Garden City, NY, dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help you choose the perfect cosmetic dentistry treatment for your dental issues.
What types of cosmetic dentistry treatments are available?
One of these treatments could help you get the smile you've always wanted:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening treatment removes stains deep inside your tooth enamel. The professional-strength whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a safe, natural whitener. After a whitening session in the Garden City, NY, dental office, your teeth will remain brighter for several years.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to treat many cosmetic tooth issues. After applying tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth, your dentist shapes the material and hardens it. Bonding can be used to correct minor damage and flaws, close slight gaps, and improve the shape and length of teeth. Bonding can be combined with contouring and reshaping, a process that involves removing a tiny amount of enamel to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Crown Lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, crown lengthening may be the ideal solution for you. During the treatment, the excess gum tissue is removed, making your teeth look longer.
- Clear Aligners: Metal braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your smile. Clear aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your teeth without drawing attention to your smile. The removable trays are worn for about 22 hours per day and are removed when you eat, brush and floss.
- Veneers: Improving your smile doesn't have to involve complicated dental treatments. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations conceal flaws and minor damage, hide discolorations, close slight gaps, whiten your smile, or improve the shape or length of teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants make it possible to replace missing teeth from top to bottom. Small titanium posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts replace your roots and bond to your jawbone, becoming just as strong as your natural roots. Once dental crowns are attached to the tops of the implants, the restoration of your missing teeth is complete.
Enhance your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your dentists in Garden City, NY, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs, at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your appointment.
A family dentist deals with oral health issues for everyone, from adults to babies. Dr. Eugene Porcelli of Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, provides many services, like regular dental checkups and professional dental cleanings.
What can your family dentist provide?
- Dental Implants: If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Dental implants are tooth-like oral appliances that replace missing tooth roots. Tooth loss deteriorates bones without proper support. If you decide to get a dental implant, it has a 95% success rate, provided you have good oral health.
- Crowns: A porcelain dental crown covers a damaged tooth. When your tooth is severely decayed and large portions of it are removed, your family dentist uses a dental crown to help preserve what remains of your natural tooth. The crown supports teeth and conceals cracks, dents, and chips.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint syndrome is a disorder accompanied by consistent pain in the area near your ear, jaw, or muscles on the side of your face. You may feel clicking or popping and/or suffer from restricted jaw movement. Your Garden City dentist treats patients for TMJ and many other issues.
Advantages of A Family dentist?
- Having one dentist is easy because only one dental expert has all your family history, which makes treatment and emergencies more manageable.
- It is considered preventive care because Dr. Porcelli provides regular dental exams and professional dental cleanings to protect teeth from serious tooth decay that may lead to tooth loss and gum disease.
- It consolidates appointments for all ages to a single visit, instead of going to multiple specialists.
Need more information?
For more information about family dentistry and what a family dentist can do for you, be sure to contact Dr. Eugene Porcelli of Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, at 516-739-1851 today.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.