Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you improve your appearance and your oral health. Your Garden City, NY, dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help you choose the perfect cosmetic dentistry treatment for your dental issues.
What types of cosmetic dentistry treatments are available?
One of these treatments could help you get the smile you've always wanted:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening treatment removes stains deep inside your tooth enamel. The professional-strength whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a safe, natural whitener. After a whitening session in the Garden City, NY, dental office, your teeth will remain brighter for several years.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to treat many cosmetic tooth issues. After applying tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth, your dentist shapes the material and hardens it. Bonding can be used to correct minor damage and flaws, close slight gaps, and improve the shape and length of teeth. Bonding can be combined with contouring and reshaping, a process that involves removing a tiny amount of enamel to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Crown Lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, crown lengthening may be the ideal solution for you. During the treatment, the excess gum tissue is removed, making your teeth look longer.
- Clear Aligners: Metal braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your smile. Clear aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your teeth without drawing attention to your smile. The removable trays are worn for about 22 hours per day and are removed when you eat, brush and floss.
- Veneers: Improving your smile doesn't have to involve complicated dental treatments. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations conceal flaws and minor damage, hide discolorations, close slight gaps, whiten your smile, or improve the shape or length of teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants make it possible to replace missing teeth from top to bottom. Small titanium posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts replace your roots and bond to your jawbone, becoming just as strong as your natural roots. Once dental crowns are attached to the tops of the implants, the restoration of your missing teeth is complete.
Enhance your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your dentists in Garden City, NY, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs, at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your appointment.
Are cosmetic fillings right for you?
Has our Garden City, NY, family dentist Dr. Eugene Porcelli told you that you could benefit from a cosmetic filling? This is a common restorative procedure used to repair a tooth after a cavity so it’s important that you get a filling as soon as possible. Here’s what you should know about getting cosmetic fillings,
A cosmetic filling looks like tooth enamel
The reason our Garden City, NY, family dentist uses cosmetic dental fillings because the material used—composite resin—is made to look just like real tooth enamel. Our dental team will first choose the appropriate resin color that most closely resembles the color of your tooth, then the resin will be applied to the tooth.
You won’t notice a cosmetic filling and neither will anyone else, so you can feel completely confident in your smile. Cosmetic fillings are aesthetically pleasing, which is why so many people turn to composite resin fillings to treat dental decay.
A cosmetic filling preserves more of the tooth
Composite resin or cosmetic fillings are moldable, which means that they can be directly applied to the tooth and then shaped and trimmed. This also means that we can preserve as much of the tooth’s healthy natural structure as possible, which also ensures maximum durability over the years.
Cosmetic fillings are super durable
Another benefit of cosmetic fillings is that they are made from a resilient material that with the proper care can last up to 10 years or longer. Just make sure that you are still visiting your dentist every six months for routine checkups so that we can make sure that the filling is still healthy and intact.
Tooth decay will not go away on its own so that’s why it’s important to see your dentist if you notice a dark spot or visible hole in a tooth, or you see your dentist right away if you are dealing with dental pain.
If you are dealing with a cavity it’s important that you see your family dentist in Garden City, NY, as soon as possible for care. Don’t leave a cavity untreated. Call Garden City Family Dental at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your next appointment.
How your family dentist in Garden City, NY, can help you have a healthy smile
Do you floss every day? It’s an important question, and if you answered yes, good for you! You are taking a vital step toward maintaining a healthy smile for life. If you answered no, then you need to get started, because flossing can make the difference in your smile. Dr. Eugene G. Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, can help you have a healthy smile.
Your oral health depends on you flossing every day. That’s because brushing only gets to the surfaces of your teeth, but not in between your teeth. Much of tooth decay, gum disease, and periodontal disease begins between your teeth. That’s where flossing comes in. Flossing gets in between each of your teeth to clean away plaque and food debris so you can have a healthy, disease-free mouth.
You need to floss every day to keep your mouth free of plaque. Plaque contains millions of harmful bacteria. if the bacteria are left in place, they produce toxins that begin to destroy the health of your smile. Removing the plaque thoroughly and regularly is the best way to maintain great oral health.
So, what’s the right way to floss? Take a small piece of floss and guide it in between your teeth, using your thumbs and forefingers. Make sure you wrap the floss in a “C” shape around the widest part of your tooth as you go down in between your teeth. The wrapping technique is important because it keeps the floss firmly against the tooth surface for better cleaning.
Flossing is an important part of any oral health routine, but you also need to brush. Ideally, you should brush your teeth after each meal and before you go to bed. Use a gentle circular motion to clean all the surfaces of your teeth and along the gumline. The steady and thorough removal of plaque keeps bacteria levels low, so the bacteria don’t damage your smile.
This has always been important, but even more so now during the COVID-19 crisis, since all offices are closed to routine dental procedures. Your dental health is important, so take care of your oral health by flossing and brushing regularly and once things get back to normal, please call us for your regular check up at (516) 739-1851. In the meantime, to find out more about maintaining the health of your smile, visit our website at GardenCityFamilyDental.com.
Distressed over dental stains? Teeth yellow as they age, but injury, prescriptions, smoking, and dietary choices, are responsible too. At Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, cosmetic dentistry treatments, such as teeth whitening and veneers, brighten smiles. Just ask our dentist, Dr. Eugene Porcelli.
A renewed smile
You don't have to live with stained teeth. Your cosmetic dentist in Garden City, NY, helps people overcome dull, dingy smiles with:
- Thorough hygienic cleanings
- Zoom! 2 in-office whitening
- Porcelain veneers
To decide what will work best for you, Dr. Eugene Porcelli does a complete oral exam. He's looking for healthy teeth and gums, the best foundation for any cosmetic treatment.
If all is well, you'll talk over the changes you'd like to see. Most people in the United States desire whiter tooth enamel, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). That's why professional teeth whitening is in high demand. Cosmetic dentistry is on the rise!
Before any whitening or veneer procedures, you'll receive a thorough dental cleaning to remove plaque and tartar as well as tooth polishing. Sometimes this is all a patient needs as long as he or she brushes and flosses consistently at home.
Tooth whitening and dental veneers
Other people, however, elect Zoom! 2 Whitening. Your dentist applies powerful hydrogen peroxide gel and accelerates the active ingredient with a special light. Then, Zoom! Your teeth brighten by several shades. The entire process takes about an hour and happens right in the treatment room.
Another choice is the placement of porcelain veneers. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells of fine ceramic. They cover severe stains (from root canal therapy or some drug therapies) and also improve enamel durability.
Traditional veneers require enamel reduction so they bond onto your teeth accurately and comfortably. These veneers are considered permanent.
Another choice is Lumineers. These are called "no-prep" laminates because they are so thin they need no enamel resurfacing.
Whatever you decide, rest assured your smile will look dazzling.
To avoid stains:
- Brush and floss daily.
- Stop all tobacco, both smoking and chewing.
- See your dentist twice a year for an exam and cleaning.
- Get whitening touch-ups if needed.
- Cut down on coffee, tea, soy sauce, and other staining foods and drinks.
Dr. Eugene Porcelli recommends whitening toothpaste and rinses to reduce discolorations too.
Come see us
At Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, Dr. Eugene Porcelli and his team offer many cosmetic dentistry treatments that beautify smiles and help people feel good about themselves. Call us to explore the possibilities, including veneers and whitening: (516) 739-1851.
How veneers from your dentist in Garden City, New York can give you an outstanding smile.
Do you have an outstanding smile? Do you have a smile people will remember? If not, you need to discover how to improve your smile with veneers. This amazing cosmetic dentistry treatment can change a dull, uninteresting smile into a dazzling, memorable smile. Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, New York offers dental veneer treatment to help you achieve the smile you deserve.
Veneers are thin laminates of beautiful, sparkling porcelain that are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. They are a versatile treatment that can hide minor and major cosmetic issues like these:
- Tooth wear and chipped edges due to aging or bad habits
- Blotches, discolorations, and stains due to genetics or lifestyle
- Cracks, fractures, or broken tooth structure due to trauma
Veneers are even versatile enough to minimize some alignment issues. They can make gaps between your teeth smaller, and minimize the appearance of tooth overlap and crowding.
Versatility isn’t the only benefit of veneers. Consider that veneer treatment is:
- Natural-looking; veneers are made of porcelain, a light-reflective material that closely resembles tooth enamel.
- Conservative; your dentist removes little to no tooth structure, just enough to accommodate the thickness of the veneers.
- Easy to maintain; porcelain is stain-resistant, so your new veneers will stay beautiful for years.
- Quick; you can have an outstanding new smile in as little as two to three appointments, including a consultation appointment.
To view amazing before-and-after photos, please visit the Smile Gallery page on Dr. Porcelli’s website at https://www.drporcelli.com/smile-gallery.html
If nature didn’t give you the smile you deserve, you can change it! You can improve your smile with veneers. To find out more about the benefits of veneers and what they can do for your smile, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, New York today.