A family dentist deals with oral health issues for everyone, from adults to babies. Dr. Eugene Porcelli of Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, provides many services, like regular dental checkups and professional dental cleanings.
What can your family dentist provide?
- Dental Implants: If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Dental implants are tooth-like oral appliances that replace missing tooth roots. Tooth loss deteriorates bones without proper support. If you decide to get a dental implant, it has a 95% success rate, provided you have good oral health.
- Crowns: A porcelain dental crown covers a damaged tooth. When your tooth is severely decayed and large portions of it are removed, your family dentist uses a dental crown to help preserve what remains of your natural tooth. The crown supports teeth and conceals cracks, dents, and chips.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint syndrome is a disorder accompanied by consistent pain in the area near your ear, jaw, or muscles on the side of your face. You may feel clicking or popping and/or suffer from restricted jaw movement. Your Garden City dentist treats patients for TMJ and many other issues.
Advantages of A Family dentist?
- Having one dentist is easy because only one dental expert has all your family history, which makes treatment and emergencies more manageable.
- It is considered preventive care because Dr. Porcelli provides regular dental exams and professional dental cleanings to protect teeth from serious tooth decay that may lead to tooth loss and gum disease.
- It consolidates appointments for all ages to a single visit, instead of going to multiple specialists.
Need more information?
For more information about family dentistry and what a family dentist can do for you, be sure to contact Dr. Eugene Porcelli of Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, at 516-739-1851 today.