Posts for tag: Bonding
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you improve your appearance and your oral health. Your Garden City, NY, dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help you choose the perfect cosmetic dentistry treatment for your dental issues.
What types of cosmetic dentistry treatments are available?
One of these treatments could help you get the smile you've always wanted:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening treatment removes stains deep inside your tooth enamel. The professional-strength whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a safe, natural whitener. After a whitening session in the Garden City, NY, dental office, your teeth will remain brighter for several years.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to treat many cosmetic tooth issues. After applying tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth, your dentist shapes the material and hardens it. Bonding can be used to correct minor damage and flaws, close slight gaps, and improve the shape and length of teeth. Bonding can be combined with contouring and reshaping, a process that involves removing a tiny amount of enamel to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Crown Lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, crown lengthening may be the ideal solution for you. During the treatment, the excess gum tissue is removed, making your teeth look longer.
- Clear Aligners: Metal braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your smile. Clear aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your teeth without drawing attention to your smile. The removable trays are worn for about 22 hours per day and are removed when you eat, brush and floss.
- Veneers: Improving your smile doesn't have to involve complicated dental treatments. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations conceal flaws and minor damage, hide discolorations, close slight gaps, whiten your smile, or improve the shape or length of teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants make it possible to replace missing teeth from top to bottom. Small titanium posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts replace your roots and bond to your jawbone, becoming just as strong as your natural roots. Once dental crowns are attached to the tops of the implants, the restoration of your missing teeth is complete.
Enhance your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your dentists in Garden City, NY, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs, at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your appointment.