Posts for tag: Clear Aligners
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you improve your appearance and your oral health. Your Garden City, NY, dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help you choose the perfect cosmetic dentistry treatment for your dental issues.
What types of cosmetic dentistry treatments are available?
One of these treatments could help you get the smile you've always wanted:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening treatment removes stains deep inside your tooth enamel. The professional-strength whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a safe, natural whitener. After a whitening session in the Garden City, NY, dental office, your teeth will remain brighter for several years.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to treat many cosmetic tooth issues. After applying tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth, your dentist shapes the material and hardens it. Bonding can be used to correct minor damage and flaws, close slight gaps, and improve the shape and length of teeth. Bonding can be combined with contouring and reshaping, a process that involves removing a tiny amount of enamel to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Crown Lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, crown lengthening may be the ideal solution for you. During the treatment, the excess gum tissue is removed, making your teeth look longer.
- Clear Aligners: Metal braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your smile. Clear aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your teeth without drawing attention to your smile. The removable trays are worn for about 22 hours per day and are removed when you eat, brush and floss.
- Veneers: Improving your smile doesn't have to involve complicated dental treatments. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations conceal flaws and minor damage, hide discolorations, close slight gaps, whiten your smile, or improve the shape or length of teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants make it possible to replace missing teeth from top to bottom. Small titanium posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts replace your roots and bond to your jawbone, becoming just as strong as your natural roots. Once dental crowns are attached to the tops of the implants, the restoration of your missing teeth is complete.
Enhance your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your dentists in Garden City, NY, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs, at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your appointment.
In the world of orthodontic treatment, clear aligner systems are considered as an innovation from the metal wires and brackets used to provide healthier and straighter teeth. Getting a smile makeover is more comfortable and easier with this dental appliance that discreetly puts pressure on the teeth to move them into proper position.
Here in Garden City, NY, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, uses clear aligner orthodontics as a standalone procedure or for extensive smile makeovers. But how can clear aligners remake smiles?
Minor Teeth Movements are Key
Giving your smile a makeover will not happen overnight. The clear aligner trays are designed to create minor teeth movement to resolve your orthodontic issues. The treatment time would depend on the actual condition of your teeth. It’s important to note though that minor teeth movements take comparatively less time to deliver the desired results compared to more traditional orthodontic methods.
Although the treatment might span several months to a year, you could definitely see noticeable changes in just several sessions. Your compliance with the treatment program will play a huge role not only on the success of the procedure but also on how fast you achieve your desired results.
You’ll Go Through a Series of Aligners
The smile makeover you get from this treatment will require you to go through a series of clear aligner trays that are made from durable plastic. This proprietary design will be customized to your specific condition. Every two weeks, you will be changing to a new set of clear aligner trays to ensure that your teeth will move into the proper place by the end of the treatment period.
Expect Rapid and Visible Changes
To experience rapid and visible changes, you have to be disciplined enough to wear your clear aligner orthodontics as recommended by your dentist in Garden City, NY. One of the earliest results that you can observe is that there will be a significant difference in your bite. It isn’t easy to wear your clear aligner trays for 22 hours straight every day.
On the other hand, it is a necessity that you have to deal with if you are serious about remaking your smile for the better. It could be challenging at first and you may be too conscious about removing your trays for too long. But in due time, you will be able to adjust to it and learn how to remove the trays for eating, drinking, and doing your oral hygiene routine.
For More Details or Questions About Clear Aligner Orthodontics, Talk to Us
Schedule a visit with Dr. Eugene Porcelli, here in Garden City, NY, by dialing (516) 739-1851.
Your smile is one of the first things others notice about your appearance, making a “crooked” or misaligned smile an issue that can cause confidence and self-esteem problems as well as hinder the functionality of your teeth. Luckily, you can correct your smile discreetly and effectively using clear aligner orthodontics. Why choose clear aligner orthodontics over traditional braces? Find out with Dr. Eugene Porcelli in Garden City, NY.
What is clear aligner orthodontics?
Traditional orthodontics use metal brackets and wires to place gentle pressure on the teeth to slowly move them into their new positions. Clear aligner orthodontics simply take this same principle, using gentle pressure to move the teeth, and apply it differently. Rather than metal components, clear aligner trays are made from soft yet sturdy plastic and snap into the mouth to move your teeth. Thanks to their materials, the aligners are clear and almost invisible and not at all obvious to those around you.
How can Clear Correct benefit my smile?
Just like traditional braces, Clear Correct straightens your teeth and corrects your bite issues to transform your smile. Some of the many uses of clear aligner orthodontics to improve the appearance and functionality of your teeth include correcting issues such as:
- uneven teeth
- open bite
What can I expect from clear aligner orthodontics?
Clear aligner orthodontics have a simple, intuitive, and easy-to-use design. The aligners come in a series. The number of aligners varies from patient to patient and depends on their treatment plan. Before treatment begins, your dentist takes an impression of your mouth. The dental laboratory which creates your aligners uses the impression to design and create the trays. You will meet with your dentist again after the trays are finished to go over inserting and removing them and their care. You will wear one tray for about two weeks, then switch to the next in the series until you have worn every tray.
Clear Correct Clear Aligner Orthodontics in Garden City, NY
For more information on clear aligner orthodontics, please contact Dr. Eugene Porcelli in Garden City, NY. Call 516-739-1851