Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you improve your appearance and your oral health. Your Garden City, NY, dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help you choose the perfect cosmetic dentistry treatment for your dental issues.
What types of cosmetic dentistry treatments are available?
One of these treatments could help you get the smile you've always wanted:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening treatment removes stains deep inside your tooth enamel. The professional-strength whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a safe, natural whitener. After a whitening session in the Garden City, NY, dental office, your teeth will remain brighter for several years.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to treat many cosmetic tooth issues. After applying tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth, your dentist shapes the material and hardens it. Bonding can be used to correct minor damage and flaws, close slight gaps, and improve the shape and length of teeth. Bonding can be combined with contouring and reshaping, a process that involves removing a tiny amount of enamel to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Crown Lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, crown lengthening may be the ideal solution for you. During the treatment, the excess gum tissue is removed, making your teeth look longer.
- Clear Aligners: Metal braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your smile. Clear aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your teeth without drawing attention to your smile. The removable trays are worn for about 22 hours per day and are removed when you eat, brush and floss.
- Veneers: Improving your smile doesn't have to involve complicated dental treatments. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations conceal flaws and minor damage, hide discolorations, close slight gaps, whiten your smile, or improve the shape or length of teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants make it possible to replace missing teeth from top to bottom. Small titanium posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts replace your roots and bond to your jawbone, becoming just as strong as your natural roots. Once dental crowns are attached to the tops of the implants, the restoration of your missing teeth is complete.
Enhance your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your dentists in Garden City, NY, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs, at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your appointment.
Unhappy with your smile? If so, you need to learn how cosmetic dentistry can repair the defects in your teeth, correct malformed bites, and remove deep stains in order to improve your overall appearance. Here at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, Dr. Eugene Porcelli offers several procedures to boost your self-confidence and perfect your look—read on to learn more!
How we can help rejuvenate your smile
Here are some common cosmetic dental procedures to ask about when you go see Dr. Porcelli at his Garden City office:
- Cosmetic fillings are natural-looking materials, generally made of porcelain or composite resins, that are placed on your teeth to hide physical defects.
- Whitening/Bleaching procedures eliminate stains caused by food, aging, medicine, or tobacco, just to name a few.
- Veneers are wafer-thin dental appliances that are made of porcelain and bonded to the surface of your teeth to conceal stains, cracked and chipped teeth, and close small gaps.
- Cosmetic contouring and reshaping corrects crooked, chipped, or cracked teeth to create an even and beautiful smile.
- Crowns are synthetic caps, generally made of porcelain, that are placed over teeth to restore function and appearance.
- Bridges are natural-looking dental appliances that are used to replace missing teeth.
- Excessive or uneven gums undergo a procedure that lifts even gum lines, or covers exposed tooth roots.
Whether you want to correct teeth that are misshapen, discolored, chipped, or missing altogether, you can discover the right procedure for you by calling the
Garden City office of Dr. Eugene Porcelli. We are happy to set up a cosmetic dentistry consultation with you to discuss your options.
Interested? Give us a call!
To schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation or to ask for more information about anything you've just read, call Garden City Family Dental today at (516) 739-1851.
Are you interested in getting a more beautiful smile?
The cosmetic dentist Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, knows the importance of a healthy-looking smile. Here are some procedures he offers:
Your Garden City dentist provides a convenient in-office procedure that doesn't take long. He applies gel with high-concentration of hydrogen peroxide on your teeth for a few minutes and, if necessary, a laser is used to speed up the process. The gel may be removed then reapplied to your teeth several times throughout the one-hour treatment.
Dental implants are state-of-the-art installations used to restore missing teeth and improve the function and aesthetics of your teeth. The process of getting a dental implant is quite simple. One of your Garden City dentist applies local anesthesia to the problem area and places a titanium post that will act as the tooth's root. After several months the implant will fuse with the jawbone, and a dental crown can be placed.
Dental veneers are another great cosmetic procedure, as they are used to fix misshapen and discolored teeth, as well as minor gaps between them. Your dentist will remove some enamel from the surface of your teeth then cement custom-made shells called veneers on top. Your dentist removes this enamel so that you won't feel as though your veneers are protruding once they have been installed, and will instead feel smooth and properly aligned with the rest of your teeth.
Dental Bonding and Reshaping
Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite resin, are used during dental bonding and reshaping procedures. The composite resin that matches the color of your teeth is applied and molded to the right shape, and then hardened using a curing light.
Dental bonding can fix issues such as:
- Chips and cracks
- Discolored and stained teeth
- Short teeth
For more information about the cosmetic procedures your Garden City, NY, dentist can offer, call (516) 739-1851 to schedule an appointment today!
Discover the many ways in which cosmetic dentistry in Garden City can enhance your appearance.
So, you know that you want to give your smile a spruce but you aren’t quite sure what treatment options are out there to give you the results you want. This is where our Garden City, NJ, family dentist, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, comes in. We pride ourselves on offering the very best in cosmetic dentistry so you can have a smile you’re proud of.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
If you want to feel more confident in your smile then cosmetic dentistry might be able to provide you with the results you want to boost your self-esteem and to enhance your appearance. Cosmetic dentistry uses a variety of techniques and restorations to give you a whiter and more even and symmetrical smile.
Cosmetic dentistry can be great for many of our healthy patients who are looking to get a more appealing smile. Cosmetic dentistry can make minor alterations and provide full-blown makeovers.
What types of cosmetic dentistry are out there?
There are many options from which to choose when it comes to how you want to enhance your smile. Remember, you don’t have to undergo extreme or extensive procedures to get your dream smile. Thanks to modern dentistry, we can finally give you the smile you’ve been looking for with one of these treatment options.
During dental bonding, a tooth-colored material is applied and bonded to certain areas of a tooth to hide small imperfections like chips, cracks, and discolorations. Bonding is completely non-invasive and one of the cheapest ways to enhance the shape or appearance of one or more teeth Bonding is the perfection solution for minor cosmetic defects.
This treatment often goes hand in hand with dental bonding. This simple, non-invasive technique requires us to shave off small amounts of enamel to reshape the tooth to improve its size or shape and to give you a more even smile overall.
If you are dealing with dull, yellow teeth thanks to years of smoking or coffee drinking then professional teeth whitening could finally wipe those stains away and give you a visibly whiter smile in just one hour. Your smile could end up being at least five shades whiter in a single whitening session. If you have a special occasion coming up and you want a whiter smile fast, professional teeth whitening can certainly give you the results you want.
If your imperfections are more moderate or severe then the other options above might not be enough. Luckily, veneers can handle more widespread or serious cosmetic flaws. These thin tooth-colored shells are bonded to the front of one or more teeth to improve the color, length, shape, or symmetry. This minimally invasive procedure could give you the perfect smile in just a couple of visits.
If you are someone looking to get cosmetic dentistry in Garden City, NJ, then it’s time to turn to a cosmetic dental expert you can trust. Whether you are ready to take the plunge or you still have questions, don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation with Dr. Porcelli today.
How teeth whitening treatments from your Garden City, New York dentist can enhance your smile
If you envy the white, beautiful smiles of your friends, it’s time for you to get a white smile too! You don’t have to live with darkened, stained teeth. You also don’t have to rely on over-the-counter whitening products which have little or no effect. It’s time for you to discover professional teeth whitening. Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, New York, wants to share how you can say goodbye to your dental stains.
There are many things which can stain your teeth, but some of the most common culprits are tobacco use, drinking coffee, drinking red wine, or eating highly-pigmented foods like berries. Even the normal aging process will make your teeth appear yellow and darken your smile. That’s because as you age, tooth enamel becomes thinner and more transparent, allowing you and others to see the layer underneath, called dentin. This dentin layer is yellow and gets even darker as you age.
Over-the-counter products may be convenient, but they often produce a limited whitening effect which doesn’t last very long.
The answer to saying goodbye to your dental stains is a professional whitening treatment. A professional teeth whitening treatment is the best choice because it is:
- Quick, producing dramatic results in about an hour
- Effective, producing a smile several shades whiter
- Long-lasting, producing results that can last up to 5 years
- Inexpensive, when compared to other cosmetic dental treatments
Dr. Porcelli offers ZOOM whitening which is performed in the office in about an hour. Professional strength whitening gel is applied to your teeth and accelerated with a high-tech ultraviolet light. The result is a dazzling white smile. ZOOM whitening is quick and effective, making it the perfect choice for your busy schedule.
It’s time to say goodbye to your dental stains with ZOOM whitening. To find out more about this state-of-the-art professional teeth whitening treatment call Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, New York. Call today and get back your beautiful white smile!