Posts for tag: dental implants
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you improve your appearance and your oral health. Your Garden City, NY, dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help you choose the perfect cosmetic dentistry treatment for your dental issues.
What types of cosmetic dentistry treatments are available?
One of these treatments could help you get the smile you've always wanted:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening treatment removes stains deep inside your tooth enamel. The professional-strength whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a safe, natural whitener. After a whitening session in the Garden City, NY, dental office, your teeth will remain brighter for several years.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to treat many cosmetic tooth issues. After applying tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth, your dentist shapes the material and hardens it. Bonding can be used to correct minor damage and flaws, close slight gaps, and improve the shape and length of teeth. Bonding can be combined with contouring and reshaping, a process that involves removing a tiny amount of enamel to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Crown Lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, crown lengthening may be the ideal solution for you. During the treatment, the excess gum tissue is removed, making your teeth look longer.
- Clear Aligners: Metal braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your smile. Clear aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your teeth without drawing attention to your smile. The removable trays are worn for about 22 hours per day and are removed when you eat, brush and floss.
- Veneers: Improving your smile doesn't have to involve complicated dental treatments. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations conceal flaws and minor damage, hide discolorations, close slight gaps, whiten your smile, or improve the shape or length of teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants make it possible to replace missing teeth from top to bottom. Small titanium posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts replace your roots and bond to your jawbone, becoming just as strong as your natural roots. Once dental crowns are attached to the tops of the implants, the restoration of your missing teeth is complete.
Enhance your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your dentists in Garden City, NY, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs, at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your appointment.
It’s actually surprisingly simple to care for your new dental implant crown.
Are you interested in getting a dental implant? Do you already have a dental implant? No matter where you are on your journey to treating your tooth loss it’s important to understand dental implants and how to properly care for them, so you know whether they are right for you. From the office of our Garden City, NY, family dentist Dr. Eugene Porcelli, here are some things you should know about maintaining a healthy dental implant crown for life,
Maintain Good At-Home Oral Care
Most people choose to get dental implant crowns here in Garden City, NY, because they can be treated the very same way as natural teeth; they do not require special treatment. Of course, your oral hygiene routine is incredibly important for maintaining both your natural and your artificial teeth. This means making sure that you are brushing your teeth at least twice a day (for no less than 2 minutes at a time) and flossing once a day. Fluoride toothpaste and an electric soft-bristled toothpaste are tools that may help you maintain a healthy, cleaner smile.
Eat a Healthy, Smile-Friendly Diet
What you eat can also have a profound impact on your oral health. While you’ve probably heard this many times before, it’s important that you limit sugar and processed carbs, which can increase plaque buildup on your teeth and implant crown. Your diet should include vegetables, fruits, lean protein and whole grains. Here is a list of foods that are great for supporting a healthy smile.
Visit Your Dentist for Checkups
It’s important that you are visiting your Garden City, NY, dentist every six months for cleanings and checkups. Our professional dental cleanings will blast away any plaque and tartar that your regular oral care routine may have left behind. Plus, we will check your implant crown to make sure that it is in good shape. We want you to be able to maintain your dental implants for many years and that involves visiting your dentist for checkups.
Are you interested in learning more about dental implant crowns and whether they could benefit your smile? Our Garden City, NY, restorative dentist Dr. Eugene G. Porcelli would be happy to discuss whether implants are right for you.
When tooth loss happens, either as a result of severe tooth decay, gum disease, or an accident, dental crowns are one of the quickest and most effective restorations available. Crowns are a great option for restoring the cosmetic appearance of your smile, as well as function so that you can continue to eat properly and maintain a normal quality of life. In order to replace a missing tooth, a traditional stand-alone crown needs to be attached to a dental bridge, which consists of two crowns on either side to be fit over the remaining teeth (known as abutment teeth) to secure the crown in place. Implant crowns work a little differently in that the implant replaces the root of the missing tooth, to which the crown is then attached, no need for a bridge. Dr. Eugene Porcelli, a family dentist in Garden City, NY, offers implant crowns for his patients.
Get Your Smile Back with Dental Crowns in Garden City, NY
Despite the fact that the root of a tooth isn't visible, it plays an important role in oral health. Once it is gone, the surrounding bone tissue begins to erode. An implant helps to generate healthy new bone tissue, and securely anchors the crown in place for a permanent and secure restoration. Implants are made of biocompatible titanium and are surgically placed in the jaw. Once it heals, the cosmetic crown is attached.
Implant crowns are available for healthy adults with enough bone density in the jaw to support the implant. With rigorous oral hygiene and follow up care with the dentist, implant crowns have a very high success rate, and can support anywhere from a single tooth, to a set of dentures with just a few implants.
Find a Dentist in Garden City, NY
When tooth loss can't be avoided, implant crowns are the next best thing to a natural tooth. For more information, contact our office by calling 516-739-1851 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Porcelli today.