Posts for tag: teeth whitening
Zoom teeth whitening can transform your discolored teeth in under an hour. Embarrassing tooth stains don't have to be part of your smile. Your dentists at Garden City Family Dental, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help restore your pearly whites with teeth whitening in Garden City, NY.
The Zoom! Whitening Process
It only takes a few minutes for the zoom whitening procedure to change your teeth from discolored to brilliant. The entire process takes under an hour from start to finish, so, you won't have to take out too much time from your busy schedule to brighten your teeth. Your teeth whitening journey in Garden City, NY, begins with a dental consultation where your dentist evaluates your teeth stains. This consultation determines if your teeth stains will improve with the Zoom teeth whitening procedure.
Applying protective gel to your gums and lips is a step to protect them from the teeth whitening gel used during the procedure. Next, your dentist will apply the teeth whitening solution to your teeth and use a special light to activate it. They will continue reapplying the solution every 15 minutes for the rest of the procedure. The Zoom teeth whitening procedure isn't painful but you might experience some sensitivity.
After your procedure, your teeth become instantly whiter. The toothpaste that your dentist sends you home with will help you maintain your results. If you want your teeth to remain white after your teeth whitening, you should also give up some unhealthy habits such as smoking.
Causes of Teeth Stains
Some teeth stains are caused by medication, while others appear as time passes. Specific habits such as consuming dark foods or drinks, and smoking can all contribute to teeth staining as the years go by. Even after your tooth whitening procedure, you can still get new teeth stains. Some possible causes of teeth stains include:
- Red wine
- Soy sauce
- Pasta sauce
- Poor dental hygiene
- Teeth injury
If you have teeth stains, zoom teeth whitening can help you. Call (516) 739-1851 to see your dentists, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs of Garden City Family Dental, for teeth whitening in Garden City, NY.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you improve your appearance and your oral health. Your Garden City, NY, dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help you choose the perfect cosmetic dentistry treatment for your dental issues.
What types of cosmetic dentistry treatments are available?
One of these treatments could help you get the smile you've always wanted:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening treatment removes stains deep inside your tooth enamel. The professional-strength whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a safe, natural whitener. After a whitening session in the Garden City, NY, dental office, your teeth will remain brighter for several years.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to treat many cosmetic tooth issues. After applying tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth, your dentist shapes the material and hardens it. Bonding can be used to correct minor damage and flaws, close slight gaps, and improve the shape and length of teeth. Bonding can be combined with contouring and reshaping, a process that involves removing a tiny amount of enamel to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Crown Lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, crown lengthening may be the ideal solution for you. During the treatment, the excess gum tissue is removed, making your teeth look longer.
- Clear Aligners: Metal braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your smile. Clear aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your teeth without drawing attention to your smile. The removable trays are worn for about 22 hours per day and are removed when you eat, brush and floss.
- Veneers: Improving your smile doesn't have to involve complicated dental treatments. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations conceal flaws and minor damage, hide discolorations, close slight gaps, whiten your smile, or improve the shape or length of teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants make it possible to replace missing teeth from top to bottom. Small titanium posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts replace your roots and bond to your jawbone, becoming just as strong as your natural roots. Once dental crowns are attached to the tops of the implants, the restoration of your missing teeth is complete.
Enhance your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your dentists in Garden City, NY, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs, at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your appointment.
According to statistics from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, teeth whitening is today's most popular aesthetic dental service. Here at Dr. Eugene Porcelli's office in Garden City, NY, your cosmetic dentist offers this service in the form of in-office Zoom! Whitening, a method that is able to improve tooth color by eight shades in under one hour. Interested? Read on to learn more!
FAQs about teeth whitening
Teeth whitening only works on light dental stains, right? No, your Garden City cosmetic dentist uses in-office Zoom! Whitening to brighten a variety of dental discolorations. From tobacco and coffee stains to changes in tooth enamel from prescription medications, in-office whitening works wonders.
Will my teeth hurt after they are whitened? Over-the-counter whitening systems, if not used correctly, often cause painful tooth and gum sensitivity. Fortunately, professional whitening with Dr. Porcelli is safe and won't cause tooth discomfort!
What is the active ingredient in teeth whitening gel? It's highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide. After applying it, the dentist or hygienist uses a special LED light to activate the chemical so it can do its work quickly, effectively, and without causing discomfort.
How long will my bright smile last? You should enjoy your beautiful smile indefinitely—for years, in fact, if you brush/ floss regularly and get your teeth professionally cleaned at Dr. Porcelli's office twice a year. Additionally, you should avoid both cigarettes and chewing tobacco, as well as limit your coffee and tea intake (or drink it with a straw). Finally, consider upping your daily water intake to rinse your teeth and increase saliva production, for saliva is a natural teeth whitener and anti-bacterial agent.
Interested? Give us a call!
Why not call today for a consultation? Phone (516) 739-1851 today to schedule an appointment at our Garden City office—we have convenient hours Monday through Friday (excluding Wednesday) and on alternating Saturdays.
Go to the dental care aisle of any grocery store or pharmacy and you're sure to see dozens of whitening toothpastes, gels, and mouthwashes, all claiming to give you a brighter, more beautiful smile. While these products do eventually whiten your smile, only an in-office dental whitening treatment by Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, New York gives you fast, effective, and lasting results. Below are a few of the reasons why choosing an in-office whitening procedure is the best choice for your appearance, your wallet, and the health of your teeth!
Over-the-counter teeth whitening treatments gradually whiten teeth over several weeks or months of consistent use. This can be frustrating, especially when you have to purchase multiple kits or products. A whitening treatment from your Garden City dentist, however, consists of one 60-minute appointment. That's because all of the products we use are professional-grade and high-quality; the store-bought products are typically less concentrated to save customers money in the short term. Teeth are often five to ten shades whiter in the time it takes for the average lunch break!
Whitening your teeth at home, can take a relatively long time. The treatments must also be continued in order to ensure that your stains don't return. The whitening system that we use at Garden City Family Dental, however, often produces results that last over a year before you'll need another appointment.
Safety and accuracy
Although whitening your teeth at home is considered to be a generally safe treatment, the one-size-fits all appliances often don't distribute the whitening solution evenly. They can also put your gum tissue in contact with the solution, leading to discomfort. With our trained staff in charge of your whitening treatment, your Garden City dentist will make sure your gums are protected and each of your teeth are exposed to the proper amount of solution, ensuring your comfort and satisfaction!
To schedule a teeth whitening appointment at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, New York, contact us today!
How a teeth whitening treatment from your dentist in Garden City can revitalize your smile
Would you like to revitalize your smile? Has your smile become stained from coffee, red wine, or tobacco use? Is your smile showing your age? If you answered yes to these questions, it’s time to whiten and brighten your smile with professional teeth whitening. Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, can share what you need to know about professional teeth whitening and how you can get a whiter smile easily.
If you’ve tried over-the-counter whitening products, you may have noticed they don’t give you dramatic results. The results may only last a few weeks too. Many over-the-counter products have not been tested for safety and may even contain harmful, harsh chemicals, and abrasive agents which can make your gums and teeth sensitive.
When you choose professional teeth whitening, you can be sure of:
- Dramatic results, because you can whiten your smile up to 8 shades whiter.
- Long-lasting results, because your brightened smile can last up to 5 years.
- Safe results, because professional teeth whitening materials are rigorously tested for safety and effectiveness and approved by the American Dental Association.
Professional teeth whitening is also kind to your budget, often costing less than other cosmetic dental services.
Dr. Porcelli offers an in-office professional Zoom! Whitening treatment that takes about an hour. During your whitening appointment, a highly-skilled dental professional will apply prescription strength whitening gel to your teeth. The brightening action of the gel is then accelerated using a high-tech ultraviolet light.
There are many reasons why your smile can benefit from a professional teeth whitening treatment. Drinking coffee, tea, or red wine can cause dark stains on your teeth. Smoking and using other forms of tobacco can add thick brown stains. Aging also plays a role in darkening your smile. As you age, your tooth enamel becomes thinner, exposing the layer underneath, called dentin. This dentin layer is naturally yellow and shows through, causing your smile to have a yellow cast.
No matter what has caused your smile to go dark, professional teeth whitening can revitalize your smile. If you want to get a whiter smile easily, just pick up the phone and call Dr. Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, NY, today!