Posts for tag: veneers
Cosmetic dentistry treatments can help you improve your appearance and your oral health. Your Garden City, NY, dentists, Dr. Eugene Porcelli, Dr. Tandeep Malhotra, and Dr. Vicky Dachs, can help you choose the perfect cosmetic dentistry treatment for your dental issues.
What types of cosmetic dentistry treatments are available?
One of these treatments could help you get the smile you've always wanted:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening treatment removes stains deep inside your tooth enamel. The professional-strength whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a safe, natural whitener. After a whitening session in the Garden City, NY, dental office, your teeth will remain brighter for several years.
- Bonding: Bonding offers a simple, inexpensive way to treat many cosmetic tooth issues. After applying tooth-colored composite resin to your tooth, your dentist shapes the material and hardens it. Bonding can be used to correct minor damage and flaws, close slight gaps, and improve the shape and length of teeth. Bonding can be combined with contouring and reshaping, a process that involves removing a tiny amount of enamel to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Crown Lengthening: If you have a gummy smile, crown lengthening may be the ideal solution for you. During the treatment, the excess gum tissue is removed, making your teeth look longer.
- Clear Aligners: Metal braces aren't the only choice if you want to straighten your smile. Clear aligner trays worn over your teeth gradually realign your teeth without drawing attention to your smile. The removable trays are worn for about 22 hours per day and are removed when you eat, brush and floss.
- Veneers: Improving your smile doesn't have to involve complicated dental treatments. Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. The restorations conceal flaws and minor damage, hide discolorations, close slight gaps, whiten your smile, or improve the shape or length of teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants make it possible to replace missing teeth from top to bottom. Small titanium posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor oral surgery. The posts replace your roots and bond to your jawbone, becoming just as strong as your natural roots. Once dental crowns are attached to the tops of the implants, the restoration of your missing teeth is complete.
Enhance your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your dentists in Garden City, NY, Dr. Porcelli, Dr. Malhotra, and Dr. Dachs, at (516) 739-1851 to schedule your appointment.
How veneers from your dentist in Garden City, New York can give you an outstanding smile.
Do you have an outstanding smile? Do you have a smile people will remember? If not, you need to discover how to improve your smile with veneers. This amazing cosmetic dentistry treatment can change a dull, uninteresting smile into a dazzling, memorable smile. Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, New York offers dental veneer treatment to help you achieve the smile you deserve.
Veneers are thin laminates of beautiful, sparkling porcelain that are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. They are a versatile treatment that can hide minor and major cosmetic issues like these:
- Tooth wear and chipped edges due to aging or bad habits
- Blotches, discolorations, and stains due to genetics or lifestyle
- Cracks, fractures, or broken tooth structure due to trauma
Veneers are even versatile enough to minimize some alignment issues. They can make gaps between your teeth smaller, and minimize the appearance of tooth overlap and crowding.
Versatility isn’t the only benefit of veneers. Consider that veneer treatment is:
- Natural-looking; veneers are made of porcelain, a light-reflective material that closely resembles tooth enamel.
- Conservative; your dentist removes little to no tooth structure, just enough to accommodate the thickness of the veneers.
- Easy to maintain; porcelain is stain-resistant, so your new veneers will stay beautiful for years.
- Quick; you can have an outstanding new smile in as little as two to three appointments, including a consultation appointment.
To view amazing before-and-after photos, please visit the Smile Gallery page on Dr. Porcelli’s website at https://www.drporcelli.com/smile-gallery.html
If nature didn’t give you the smile you deserve, you can change it! You can improve your smile with veneers. To find out more about the benefits of veneers and what they can do for your smile, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Eugene Porcelli at Garden City Family Dental in Garden City, New York today.
Veneers are wafer-thin coverings that go over the surface of the teeth. Veneers are made of strong porcelain that act as natural tooth enamel. Like natural tooth enamel, veneers are translucent and tough, but don't stain like tooth enamel does.
Veneers are thin which is means you don't have to worry about your teeth protruding. The doctor removes some enamel from the surface of your teeth to prevent the protrusion, but this process is permanent.
Not everyone is a good candidate. Veneers are not a good option if,
- Teeth are significantly misaligned so orthodontic treatment may be necessary
- Severe dental trauma and decay (extreme decay and missing teeth)
Advantages of Veneers:
- Size and Shape: Some people are born with irregularly-shaped teeth, like pointed ends. Teeth are also worn down over time due to teeth-grinding (bruxism). Whatever the reason, you can make custom veneers that'll have the shape and size that'll give you a great smile.
- Alignment and Spacing: Sometimes people have gaps between their teeth that need closing. If you have minor gaps and misaligned, slightly crooked teeth, veneers can help conceal those issues, while providing teeth with a beautiful color and shape.
- Color: Teeth staining is a natural process. With aging, yellow dentin under the enamel starts becoming more visible. Other lifestyle choices also change the color of your teeth, like eating certain types of food such as blueberries; drinking tea, coffee, or sodas; or smoking or chewing tobacco.
Caring for Your Veneers:
- Gently brush and floss your teeth every day.
- Regular checkups at the dental office.
- Don't exert too much pressure on veneers.
- Use custom-made night-guard to protect veneers.
If you want a smile makeover, call your cosmetic dentist Dr. Eugene Porcelli at (516) 739-1851 to learn more about veneers at his Garden City, NY, office.
Even a healthy smile can use a little maintenance and cosmetic improvement from time to time. From chips and cracks from everyday wear and tear to stains and discolorations from food and drinks or a smoking habit, many people admit to feeling self-conscious or dissatisfied with how their teeth look when they smile. Dental veneers are a great option to correct minor and moderate cosmetic imperfections. Dr. Eugene Porcelli, a cosmetic dentist in Garden City, NY, offers a number of general and cosmetic dentistry services to improve the appearance of your smile and your oral health.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Garden City, NY
If you've ever admired your favorite celebrity's "perfect" teeth, or even those of a colleague or friend, chances are that they have achieved their beautiful smile with a little help from veneers. Veneers can be used to change the size, shape, and color of damaged teeth. They can also be used to close small gaps (spacing or alignment issues caused by a bite problem may require orthodontic treatment). Veneers are also used to seal and strengthen a tooth after treatment with root canal therapy.
How They Work
Veneers are custom designed using a thin, translucent layer of porcelain bonded to the front surface of a damaged tooth and molded into the desired size or shape. In order to get a smooth and natural looking fit, the dentist may have to remove a portion of the enamel layer from the tooth to make room for the veneer. If you have been looking for a minimally invasive and affordable way to makeover your smile, veneers are a great option. With good oral hygiene and regular dental care, veneers can last from five to ten years, often much longer.
Find a Dentist in Garden City, NY
For more information about dental veneers and other cosmetic dentistry services, contact our office by calling
516-739-1851 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Porcelli today.